Emergency Veterinary Care
After-Hours Emergency Care
Contact Emergency Animal Hospital of Collin County West
OPEN: Evenings, Weekends & Holidays
Call: (214) 915-0573
Emergency Veterinary Services
Is your pet experiencing concerning behaviors or symptoms? Contact our office right away, or the after-hours emergency pet hospital location above.
Our reliable and compassionate team at North Tollway Pet Hospital offers veterinary care for pets in most emergency situations. Animals are our passion, we take pride in providing quality medical care when your pet needs it most.
Steps to Take In A Pet Emergency
Follow the steps below if you are experiencing a veterinary emergency.
- Call Ahead If Possible - Call us right away during our regular business hours. After hours, call the emergency animal hospital listed above to let them know you are on the way.
- Follow Instructions Provided - When you call to let the emergency pet hospital know you are on your way, instructions may be provided to help you apply first aid or otherwise make your pet as comfortable. Follow these instructions carefully.
- Remain Calm - Remain calm and be extra careful around your pet. When an animal is in pain they often react negatively towards anyone trying to help and could bite or scratch.
- Bring Your Pet In For Care - Do not put yourself at risk! Safely bring your pet to our Dallas veterinary clinic or the after-hours emergency vet location above.
Looking to learn more about bringing your pet in for an emergency appointment at North Tollway Pet Hospital? Read our most frequently asked questions below.
- Do I need to call ahead?
North Tollway Pet Hospital provides emergency and urgent veterinary care for cats and dogs during our regular clinic hours. It's always best to contact us in advance if you can, but we understand that this is not always possible in emergency situations.
If we are unable to fit your pet into our schedule, we recommend that you visit the after-hours emergency vet location shown above.
- When is your clinic open?
Our veterinarians see emergency cases during our regular business hours:
- Monday: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Tuesday: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Wednesday: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Thursday: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Friday: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Saturday: 08:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Sunday: Closed
- What situations require emergency veterinary care?
The following situations are examples of emergencies that require immediate care:
- Heat stress or heatstroke
- Severe bleeding or bleeding that doesn't stop
- Obvious signs of pain or extreme anxiety
- Choking, difficulty breathing, or continuous coughing/gagging
- Fractured bones or severe lameness
- Refusal to drink for 24 hours or more
- Seizures and/or staggering
- Bleeding from nose, mouth, rectum, or blood in the urine
- Inability to urinate or pass feces, or pain associated with urinating or passing feces
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea; 2+ episodes in 24-hours
- Injuries to the eye(s)
- Your pet has ingested something poisonous (such as antifreeze, xylitol, chocolate, rodent poison, etc.)
- How long will we have to wait to see the vet?
Similar to a human doctor's office, our pet hospital in Dallas can be unpredictable, and you may need to wait to be seen.
We cannot predict which cases we will see and when they will arrive. If possible, call ahead to find out whether we are able to provide emergency care for your dog or cat.
If we are unable to fit an emergency appointment into our vet's schedule, we recommend that you visit the 24/7 animal emergency hospital detailed above.
- What happens if my pet needs to stay in the hospital?
Some veterinary emergencies require intensive overnight care. At North Tollway Pet Hospital we provide overnight care for animals in need.
While in our care, our dedicated team will treat your pet as if they were our own.
- What types of animals do you treat?
Our emergency veterinarians are mostly experienced with cats and dogs, but will see other small animals, such as birds and rodents, in serious situations.
New Patients Welcome
North Tollway Pet Hospital is accepting new patients! Our experienced vets are passionate about the health of Dallas companion animals. Get in touch today to book your pet's first appointment.